Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Always The Best Man

I discovered a new way to find really good music. I was looking at a band's myspace page, and scrolled down to their friends list. I wasn't too surprised to find a different band on their top friends. So, I clicked on that band, and listened to them for a while. And after I listened to their songs, I went to their friends list and clicked on another band. I did that for a while, just listening to random songs on random bands' pages. Which is how I found out about Landon Austin. (If you want to listen to him...here's the link. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=156312634 ) I'm really liking his sound, but then again, I'm pretty easy to win over when it comes to music.
One of my favorite things to do while I'm on the computer is go on to http://www.playlist.com/ and listen to music, obviously. They always have a featured playlist, which I only occasionally listen to. But today, when I logged on, I decided to give this person's music choice a chance, and played the first song. Instantly, I knew this random person has good taste in music. If I had never started listening to their playlist, I wouldn't have discovered a band called Frankly Speaking. I loved the one song that was on the playlist, and went straight to the band's myspace. (Another addiction of mine. Myspace.) -sigh- I love finding good music. There's a special kind of feeling, of excitement, and curiosity when you come upon a band you've never heard before. (Well, for me anyways.)
Another good way to find new music? Movie soundtracks. I just watched the movie Juno for the first time today, and that movie has awesome music. I can't wait to buy the soundtrack.

Well, I'm going to go search for more music. I'd LOVE to hear about other bands..or your opinion on a band I've talked about. Just leave me a comment!!

Sam
Currently listening to: Frankly Speaking

1 comment:

Don said...

What happened to Josh??
Love
Dad