Friday, May 23, 2008

Colbie Caillat, Forever the Sickest Kids, and Rascal Flatts

I like to write, a lot. But when I write, I have to have music. I can't write in absolute silence. (I can hardly stand silence, actually.) For some reason, there are a few bands that I especially like to listen to when I write. Colbie Caillat, Forever the Sickest Kids, and Rascal Flatts. I don't know what it is about these bands, but it seems I can write forever when I'm listening to them. It's strange how certain songs can trigger certain things.
Like when ever I hear the song 'My Generation' by Starfield I always think of my sister, Kelly. I remember sitting in the backseat of our van with her, driving around Conrad, and listening to that song and 'I Want my Mullet Back' by Billy Ray Cyrus. Whenever I hear 'Eye of the Tiger' I always think of one of my friends. We sang that song one year for a school play, and she always got really in to the song. It was hilarious. When I hear Josh Turner, I always think of my dad, no matter what song it is, because he always sings Josh Turner. So many songs bring back so many memories. Maybe that's one of the reasons I love music so much.

Sam
Currently listening to: Taylor Swift

No comments: